SURPLUS PROPERTY POLICY ON
REMOVING A BUILDING/AREA OUT OF SERVICE
This document is to provide the required procedures associated with surplus property when a building/area is to be taken out of service (i.e. renovation or razed).
- Once senior administration has determined when all or part of a campus building is to be taken out of service, Warehousing & Surplus Property should be notified. There should be a reasonable notification period to allow Warehousing & Surplus Property sufficient time to review the contents and prepare items for online auction.
- Warehousing & Surplus Property will contact the departments within the building to review what items are to be designated as surplus property. All associated departments with surplus property must complete the online request at https://forms.utk.edu/warehousing-surplus/surplus-equipment-form/.
- Once the area or building is taken off-line from service, no items/materials are to be removed without the approval of Warehousing & Surplus Property prior to the General Contractor assuming control.
- Warehousing & Surplus Property will work with project managers from both Facilities Planning and Facilities Services on a timeline of removing all surplus property from the building.
- Exceptions to these procedures must be approved by the Office of Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration.